OPU is organizing professional lesson “Social Work with Refugees” with co-operation of the FF UK Prague.
We recommend that these students should be mostly from the department of the social work and special teaching, however anyone else from other professions any other grade from Charles University can sign up for it. Interest for this problem is welcomed!
The theoretical Part of it will occur during the winter semester of the school year.
The presentations will happen with outside professionals of the certain problem from state and no state institutions according to the profiling of the individual topic of the presentation.
The theoretical part is finished with credits and grading of the credits.
The conditions for crediting:
- Fulfillment of the Attendance (80%)
- In the case of not being attended properly a student needs to do a seminar work.
- Successfully finish test which includes questions that were discussed in the lesson
Place of the lesson: The areal UK Jinonice, U krize 8 Prague 5 (4th floor, the class will be specified during the beginning of the semester).
At the beginning of the course will dominate presentations with legal orientation with wch the presentations of social topics will be connected too.
Examples of the Presentation Topics:
- Social aspect of the refugee in theory and practice
- International protection of the refugees in historical context
- Definition refugee in Convention about the legal position of the refugees in 1951
- Basics of European asylum and migration politics
- Czech asylum system (legal and institutional scope)
- Social work with underage applicant of the asylum and underage foreigners without escort (NBD) in appliance MSMT CR
- System care about the underage asylum seekers and foreigners without escort in CR, legal aspect of the residence NBD in the territory of CR
- The recognition of the diplomas from other countries
- Close in marriage between two people
- Superlegalization of the prints
- Employment of the foreigners and asylum seekers
- Providing health and social care
- Education of the foreigners in CR
- System of granting social benefits, state social support foreign state member in territory of CR
- State integration program, Social care with asylum seekers in integrational residences and NGO
After graduating from the practical part of the program a student will be awarded with certification signed by the representative of the department and director of OPU.
Terms of condition for Practical Part:
- Graduate 40 hours of practice in Organization for help of the refugees
What can students expect?
Sitting in on a class for each individual social consultation- work with the client in the office OPU
- Sitting in on a class for each individual social consultation- work with the client in the office OPU
- Visit to the integration residence administration facility of the Minister inferior of CR
- Personal assistance during the negotiation in the offices (with adult applicants of the international protect, asylum seekers and foreigners)
- Visit to the foreign police
- Contacts with the administrative social worker in non-profiting organization
Contact to the important people:
- FF UK: PhDr. Pavla Kodymova, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- OPU: Zuzana Weinerova (email@example.com)
The students translate for us
Collaboration with Philosophical faculty of Charles University in Prague, Institution of the translatology
» read more